I’m into making muffins these days coz I have a tub of magarine expiring soon. So practical. Ha. I never really like baking. I made a soft puddle instead of a rock bun for an Home Econs test. One can never forget that mess-up. Oh, I mistaken salt for sugar too. =O How did I ever passed Homec?? Then it’s the washings, there’s not only more but also very oily bakewares too. However, muffins are surprising easy to make and less tedious than baking a cake, plus they baked faster in the oven too. So glad that hubb took the washing bit off me and he likes the muffins. Alex tried the muffin and he took well to it. It is kinda strange coz he wouldn’t take blue berry in its original form. Oh well, kids. =)
P/S: I just made a batch of even better tasting muffins, banana chocolate chip flavour! =D
(Makes about 16)
- 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tspn of salt
- 1 tbspn of baking powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of magarine (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tspn of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of blueberry (fresh or frozen)
- Mix the wet ingredients into a bowl
- Mix the dry ingredients into a larger bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Add wet mix into the larger bowl containing the dry ingredients.
- Use a spatula and mix all ingredients together until it forms a sticky batter. Check that the flour are well mixed in.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin cups
- Spoon the batter into the cups. Fill up to maximum 2/3 of the cup only.
- Bake for 15-20mins till the tops are golden brown.