I have been cooking variations of the porridge with different ingredients so that Alex won’t get bored. Tried another new combination with Alex these two days, he really enjoyed it and ate quite a lot. Given that he was sick and had teething pain, I was surprised that Hb remarked that he noticed Alex’s face is rounder. If you know my hb, he doesn’t really notice about such things. So yeah!
Dom & tom is short form for Dou miao (豆苗) and tomato. 🙂 I removed the skin and seed of the tomato as I find these a possible choking hazard.
This porridge is so easy to cook. I can cook everything with my pre-prepared ingredients in about 20mins. Though I think it’s time I whip up something else for him. Akan datang. 🙂
- 1/4 pack of organic dou miao, finely chopped
- 1 organic tomato, removed skin and finely diced
- 1 egg
- 2 oz threadfin, cooked
- organic brown rice
- Use stock to cook 2 servings of brown rice.
- When the porridge is almost done, add doumiao, tomato and cook for 2 mins.
- Add egg and threadfin. Bring to boil for a short while and switch off the fire.