I made these red porridge over the weekend and while I was feeding Alex in the church nursery, not one, not two but three people told me how good the food smells! 😀 My little fussy eater had also finished the porridge in a shorter time than usual. So I’m a happy camper who will now go on to share the recipe. 🙂 It’s very easy to cook too!
- Organic brown rice (I use Thai Elephant brand)
- Half a stick of carrot
- 1 organic beetroot
- 1 organic sweet potato (purple skin)
- 2 kampong chicken drumstick, bone, skin n fat removed
- Use stock to cook 1 serving of brown rice.
- Cut up vegies in chunks
- Steam vegies and chicken for 15-20mins
- Puree the vegies and chicken
- Serve 1 portion of vegies and chicken porridge with porridge
- Portioned and glass-bottled the remaining puree and chuck into the freezer.
The recipe yielded about 7-8 servings of red puree. Just thaw, warm up and serve over freshly cooked porridge.
Let me know if you try this recipe!