I’m going to spare my readers of boring details of my daily life… Yes, it’s true, a sahm’s life is pretty mundane and boring. :O However I am so pleased with the lunch I cooked myself yesterday and it looked so good in the photos too!
This recipe is inspired by a recipe in Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food. Love the show. I love how he worked to change a city of its eating habits. Can somebody get me the book please? 😉 What I do with my lunch was to use the limited ingredients I have on hand. Chicken breast and asparagus. My choice of carb would have been potatoes, except that I was too famished and had to cook something fast and I ended up with instant noodles. Not good for my expanding waistline. Everything was prepared and cook under 20minutes. The dish also cost me abt $4. Pretty awesome, I say.
Pan fried chicken breast with asparagus
- 1 chicken breast, skin and fat removed
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 egg
- Coarse black pepper
- Sesame oil
- Cooking wine
- Canola oil
- Marinate the chicken breast with sesame oil, salt and black pepper
- Boil some water in a small pot
- Heat up a frying pan and add cooking oil
- Slide the chicken breast and fry till u see the bottom half are cooked (about 5-7 mins), then flip it over
- Switch off the pot, crack in the egg and start to poach. How to poach an egg.
- Add in the asparagus into the frying pan and stir-fry it
- Add in the cooking wine. Flip the meat and stir-fry the veg.
- Season the veg with some salt and pepper
Last step: Tuck in! 😀